So, assuming that as managers, we've been able to correct our ineffective communication by making sure that our staff do not hear about our actions/initiatives 'through the grapevine', the benefits to our people will include:
- Role clarity. They'll have a greater sense of their role in the organization, and how it contributes the unit's and the organization's goals
- Through this clarity, they'll find personal alignment between their contributions and the organizational requirements
- Increased sense of 'who the information leader is' (that'd be you!)
- Increased sense of feeling heard
- Increased sense of feeling part of a team, and a higher performing work unit
These attributes affect employee retention, and how they expend their discretionary effort on the job, creating a high performing work unit, improving engagement, and increasing retention.