Whether its an inpatient report, HCAHPS, or whatever else, we all seem to be inundated with stats that show 'where we've been' in crystal clear detail.
- When do you have enough data to act?
- What's your tolerance level to trigger action?
Think about it for a minute, then take a look at your last survey vendor report, particularly at the 'top 10' list:
- How long have these items been on your top 10 list?
- Why are they there?
- Who owns these items, and what is the status of their corrective action plan?
- What circumstances are conspiring to prevent your organization from taking meaningful action?
- How engaged are your staff in delivering outstanding service levels?
- How engaged are your managers?
- Is your organization truly 'patient centered', if your top 10 list is essentially unchanged month after month?
- Are unit leaders collaborating with their teams to act on the priority issues on their units?
...what do you plan to do next?